DETAILS FOR COURSE # 137
NFPA ELECTRIC VEHICLE SAFETY
Course ID: 137
Total Number of Course Hours: 7
DISTRICT DELIVERY: NO
COURSE FEE: NO
Developed by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) in partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy, the course is designed to provide emergency responders with the information needed to respond safely and effectively to emergencies involving hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, and to emergencies involving vehicle charging stations.
The course provides basic instruction in:
• The realities and myths regarding hazards and risks to responders
• Vehicle components, systems and safety features
• Vehicle recognition and identification techniques at accident scenes
• Procedures for initial response, shutdown and immobilization, and
• Guidelines and safety considerations for emergency operations.
This course provides classroom instruction and vehicle orientation only, and no participant response equipment is required.
2 Section(s) found for this course: